We are excited to make available online giving. Below, we have outlined the steps to set it up. Or you can head over to the giving page now.
First off, we use a service called Easy Tithe. Giving through the Easy Tithe portal is completely secure. If you are interested in learning more about them, you can check out their website here. Easy Tithe does take a small portion of what you give online, but it is the least we found of all the online services available (Credit cards – 3%, Electronic check – 0.75%).
When giving online you have 2 initial options:
- Setup a user registration with a login and password
- Simply give without registering
#2 is the quickest, however we recommend #1 and here’s why.
Setting up a user registration allows for a few things:
1. You can alway access your giving history. This is great for tax purposes as well as general record keeping.
2. You can setup a recurring donation (more on that in a bit).
How to give without registering:
Simply fill out the information as shown in the box above. Designate where your donation will go (i.e. “general church budget”). Then click submit. You will be emailed a receipt.
How to register:
Simply fill out the form with your name, physical address, email address (this will become your user name) and a password you’ll remember for logging in.
After you register:
You’ll have 3 options:
1. Give now – use this option for a one time gift. Notice that you have the option to designate where your money goes. Generally we recommend that you specify “general church budget,” however when special projects or needs arise, you will be able to designate your gift to that need (i.e. “I Heart North County” to give directly to projects in our community). If you choose to manually give through the “give now” tab, you do have the option to save your credit card information in the system to make it easier for your next donation.
2. Scheduled giving – use this option if you’d like to setup and automatic recurring donation. (If you struggle to give consistently or need accountability with your giving this is a great option). You will also have the option to choose the start date and frequency of your recurring donations.
3. My account – this allows you to view and change your account information (including your email and password) as well as view and print your giving history.
Each time your donation is processed, you will be emailed a receipt.
If you have any questions about online giving, contact us and we will assist you.