This morning I read Psalm 28. In it are these verses…
6 Blessed be the LORD! For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy. 7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. 8 The LORD is the strength of his people; he is the saving refuge of his anointed. 9 Oh, save your people and bless your heritage! Be their shepherd and carry them forever.
Now a few of these phrases are stuck in my head as my prayer today. When God brings people to my mind, I am praying these things for myself and for those people God brings to mind. The things I am praying today…
- Hear our pleas for mercy.
- The LORD is my strength and my shield, make me aware of that today.
- My heart trusts you, is helped by and you and exults in you, God give me a song today to sing your praise.
- You are my strength, allow me and those I pray for to know that today.
- You are my refuge…always.
- God be my shepherd.
Have a good day and know that God is your refuge, shepherd, help, strength, shield. Know that he gives mercy unceasingly. Know that he is worthy of your trust.